Donations to SYD UK make it possible for seekers to engage with the Siddha Yoga teachings and practices in Siddha Yoga meditation centres and chanting and meditation groups in the UK, and to have access to online resources.
Unless given for a specific purpose, donations received by SYD UK are applied to meet operating expenses and reserves connected with the following activities:
- Hosting the Siddha Yoga UK website;
- Administering the national database and mailings;
- Holding Siddha Yoga Shaktipat Intensives, satsangs that are streamed via the Siddha Yoga path website, and Siddha Yoga courses and other teaching and learning events;
- Managing the national Siddha Yoga bookstore;
- Covering the costs of essential ongoing administration.
Any surplus arising from donations after these expenses have been met is applied according to the charitable objects of SYD UK.
Gift Aid is a UK tax incentive that enables tax-effective giving by individuals to charities in the UK. It allows a charity to reclaim from HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) basic rate income tax paid on a gift, equating to 25p of Gift Aid for every £1 donated.
To gift aid your donation to SYD UK you will need to provide your contact details and tick the declaration that you are a UK tax payer and would like SYD UK to reclaim tax on your donation(s).
In order to gift aid, you need to keep your contact details up to date. Please contact SYD UK via email@example.com if you:
- Want to cancel this Gift Aid declaration
- Change your name, email address, phone number or home address
- No longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains.
If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self-Assessment tax return or ask HMRC to adjust your tax code.
Setting up a Standing Order
To set up a monthly standing order, please telephone 0300 772 9629 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How You Can Make Your Donation